1 - 5 Hours Based on Coverage
550 - 5000* Consultation Required for Accurate Quote
What is SMP?
Scalp Micropigmentation is a cosmetic tattoo procedure that allows us to tattoo in the illusion of hair onto the scalp to create new hairlines, eliminate bald spots, cover scars, or add the appearance of thick hair.
How does it work?
SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) consists of using a fine tattoo needle that is the same shape and size as a hair follicle to implant pigment into the scalp. The SMP artist tattoos thousands of microdots into the scalp, which gives the appearance of a freshly shaved head of hair, or great hair density.
How long does it last?
As everyone's skin type and lifestyle differ, SMP can vary in longevity. It is best to refresh the treatment every 3-6 years.
Semi or Complete Baldness
Thinning Hair for Men and Women
Hair Transplant Scars
Accident or Injury Related Scars
• Those under 18 years of age
• Pregnant and lactating women
• Glaucoma and blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin).
• In the treated area, skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters or
• Allergies to Iron Oxide
• Those with easily triggered post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation
• Transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
• Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
• Have healing disorders, on blood thinners, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve disorder
• Those on any skin medication such as ro-accutaine, steroids which thin and over sensitize the skin
• Allergies to topical anaesthetics
• Flu or Cold
• Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per
appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or
procedure may not be effective.
• Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
How long is the procedure?
SMP starts with numbing for your comfort, activating in 15-30 minutes. The procedure time varies on the size of the area being treated. Our technician roughly tattoos a 6 inch by 4 inch section in an hour. Treatments can range from 1-5 hours depending on density and amount needed.
Consultations are required for accurate quotes. Pricing ranges from $550-$5000 + tax. Treatment costs cover up to 3 consecutive sessions.